Join us on November 22nd from 9.15 am to 2.30 pm for an event empowering and showcasing women in STEM and Industry!
“Don’t let anyone rob you of your imagination, your creativity, or your curiosity. It’s your place in the world; it’s your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live.” – Mae Jemison
Register one or multiple teams (4 – 5 students) via the booking form on the event page for a challenge and receive your Participant’s Handbook with further information on the day and the challenges.
- Environment and Sustainability – design and create an interactive e-Waste sculpture
- Liveability – design and prototype an interactive outdoors learning space @WTS
- Sound and Movement – design an acoustic solution, sculpture or structure
- Women in STEM – create a documentary or interactive narrative exploring inspirational women in STEM
Following the example of Mae Jemison’s quote this one-day event is for female students from grade 7 to 12 with an interest and/or passion for STEM, science, technology, engineering and manths.
- Build awareness of design thinking principals and apply them to complex problems!
- Enhance their abilities to collaborate effectively and communicate complexity to peers, teachers and potential customers!
- Network with other Wyndham students
- Meet and learn from STEM industry experts
Please be advised that we provide busses for our partner schools free of charge, however, due to supplier requirements, busses may have multiple pick ups or drop offs on this occasion. Thank you.